
The man accused of killing his girlfriend, her two children and their friend had told his mum she was pregnant shortly before their deaths, it has been claimed.
Terri Harris, 35, was found dead alongside her two children John Paul Bennett, 13, and Lacey Bennett, 11, on Sunday evening in Killamarsh, Derbyshire.
Lacey’s best friend, 11-year-old Connie Gent from Sheffield, was also killed.
It is now understood that Terri’s boyfriend Damien Bendall, 31, was arrested at the scene in Chandos Crescent after the discovery of their four bodies.
He remains under investigation by police, but it has been claimed Terri was in the early stages of pregnancy at the time of her death.
One neighbour said: ‘Terri told my mum she was pregnant but couldn’t tell anyone yet as it was still early in the pregnancy.’
Bendall had also reportedly told his own mum about the pregnancy ‘in recent weeks’.
A heartbroken friend told The Sun how Terri was dedicated to her two children from a previous relationship.




They said: ‘She lived for her children. They were her life. It’s all she would ever talk about.
‘She would bake with them, draw with them and take them for days out.
‘I saw her in July. She had organised an 11th birthday party for Lacey in the back garden.
‘She just doted on them.’
A picture of Lacey and her best friend Connie raising money for charity, taken just hours before their deaths, has also emerged.
Police officers were seen checking through bins and a nearby park in recent days as they investigate the killing.
Bendall, who neighbours confirmed was in a relationship with Terri, was taken to hospital with self-inflicted stab wounds after reportedly being found at the scene covered in blood.




Derbyshire Police said a suspect sustained minor injuries, and remains in custody.
Terri, John Paul and Lacey are said to have not lived in Killamarsh for long, after moving from Sheffield a few months ago.
The heartbroken dad of the children collapsed in tears as he laid flowers for his children at the police cordon around the house where they died.
Jason Bennett had earlier rushed from a holiday in Devon after hearing the tragic news.
He said: ‘I need my babies back. Life will never be the same. My angels.
‘Won’t be long till I’m touching your cheeks, holding you close and kissing your beautiful faces. Only you two can fix me.’
He said his heart was broken ‘into a million pieces’ adding: ‘I didn’t protect my beautiful babies enough and now they have been suddenly taken away from me.’

Connie’s dad Charlie Gent also spoke of his grief, saying he has to ‘live with the fact I was helpless to protect her as I always promised’.
In a Facebook post he wrote: ‘Parents – spend as much time with your kids as you possibly can.
‘If you’re a parent and arguing, please don’t stop that child from seeing the other parent.
‘You never know what’s round the corner… I’ve learnt the hard way, like most things in life, and it’s too late.’
A fundraising page in their memory has now raised more than £20,000 at the time of publication.
Detectives are asking anyone with information to come forward and have set up an online portal for tip offs to be submitted, such as CCTV, doorbell video or dashcam footage.
Detective chief inspector Sally Blaiklock, who is leading the investigation, said: ‘Our thoughts remain with the families of Terri, John Paul, Lacey and Connie – as well as the communities that have been affected by this most tragic of incidents.
‘A large scene remains in place on Chandos Crescent and local residents will see an increased police presence in the area over the coming days, including patrols by officers in the local area.
‘I would urge anyone who is concerned about the incident to speak to officers in the area or use the online reporting tool to pass information in confidence.
‘Myself and the team of the detectives are particularly keen to hear from anyone who was in Chandos Crescent between 6pm on Saturday 18 September and 7am on Sunday 19 September, as well as anyone who may have video footage of the street.
‘That can include dashcam, mobile phone footage, CCTV or video doorbells.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.
For more stories like this, check our news page.
from News – Metro https://ift.tt/3CzkvKz

0 Comments